Spacer
Spacer
Spacer
Spacer

News:

February 9, 2018

Cewe acquires majority stake in in Stardust Media And Communication S.A.S.

Cewe Stiftung & Co. KGaA, Oldenburg, Germany, has announced the acquisition of a majority stake in Stardust Media And Communication S.A.S. of Paris, France. According to a press release, a Cewe subsidiary has signed an agreement with the owners to purchase about 80 percent of the shares with an option to acquire the remaining approximately 20 percent of the company. The investment amounts to a total of Euro 36 million.


Cewe said the investment rates the value of Stardust Media And Communication S.A.S. at just over 150 percent of the company's expected 2018 revenue. For the current financial year, the Executive Board expects the investment - including purchase price as well as allocation and transaction costs - to have a negative EBIT effect of around Euro 4 million.

In its own printing facility, Stardust Media And Communication S.A.S. produces a range of picture products such as prints, photo books, calendars, wall decoration and photo gifts. The company particularly targets customers who want to print photos from their albums in social media such as Facebook and Instagram. With its Cheerz brand, which focuses primarily on smartphone users, Stardust Media And Communication is already very successful in France, Spain and Italy, but also has online operations in other countries. An app is also available. Cewe expects the investment to have a sustainable positive effect on the value of the entire company. The transaction has already been completed.

list of current news